Face it, the chances that one of us is going to pioneer something new in real estate is pretty slim. That’s not me being critical of you. That’s just me playing the odds. Combine the number of people that are agents/brokers with the number of people that work at real estate related companies and the odds are slim. I am perfectly ok with that. I don’t need to create a new widget. I’d rather learn a new widget that someone else created and use it to build my business bigger, better, and client satisfyinger. That’s a word right?
So, I spend a fair amount of time reading. Whether blogs, social media posts, or books, I am a devout follower. Not of everyone, but of people that I find interesting and pertinent. So, that’s your challenge for the weekend. Sit down, do some research, and find 5-10 people to start following. If you like them after a couple of weeks, keep ’em. If not, unfollow. Then find a few more, and so on and so on.
Here’s a list of people that I like and a few resources to find others:
- Chris Smith – http://about.me/ChrisSmth
- Malcolm Gladwell – www.gladwell.com
- Darin Persinger – www.productivityjunkies.com
- Tom Ferry – http://tomferry.com
- Darren Hardy – www.darrenhardy.com
- Scott Stratten – www.unmarketing.com
- The Inman News 100 Most Influential People in Real Estate – http://www.inman.com/inman100/
- Swanepoel Power 200 – http://www.swanepoel.com/power200/